From:
"Emilio J. Power" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 16:00:07 -0400
"Harry G. Lee" wrote:

> Dear Tom and ptotic stragglers,
>
> I think there was no time for commingling of St. Lawrence and Hudson R.
> waters until 1825 (possibly a lot later) based on my reading of:
> <http://www.history.rochester.edu/canal/bib/whitford/1906/chapter6.htm>.

CUT!!!---------

Hello!

Hi Dr. Lee,

I am always in awe of your vocabulary and mastery of expression!!

PTOTIC ???  Wheew!!

As defined (for the stragglers ?);

pto·sis
 n., pl. pto·ses

      Abnormal lowering or drooping of an organ or a part, especially a drooping
of the upper eyelid caused
      by muscle weakness or paralysis.

 [Greek ptsis, fall, from piptein, to fall; see pet- in Indo-European Roots.]

 ptotic (-tk) adj.

So I suppose you mean a straggler with some sort of  "drooping" condition??? Or is
it
shell collector stragglers that somehow "droop" within their specialty???

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power