From:
Phil Liff-Grieff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:25:33 -0700
Dear Conch-L'ers,

I am going to be in the Houston, Texas area for a day at the beginning
of November and then driving to the College Station area for a few days
of fossil collecting.

I am in need of some advise about how best to use my day in Houston.
Ideally, I would like to collect local landsnails. Barring that, is
there any decent marine collecting in the general area?  I won't have
dive gear with me (or the time to rent gear) so I will be limited to
intertidal areas.  This will be my first exposure to the Gulf of Mexico
so I'm open to any interesting spots.

Any collecting ideas (preferably terrestrial, but marine is OK) would be
greatly appreciated.

After reading recent threads, I also hope to encounter many interesting
Barbie and Ken pieces along the Brazos and Little Brazos Rivers while
looking for fossils.  If not, at least a partial Buzz Lightyear would be
great.  (Hopefully, no family pets or livestock).

Thanks in advance to all you Texans with great suggestions for me.

Phil Liff-Grieff

2447 Kemper Avenue
La Crescenta, CA  91214
818-541-1232