From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:27:37 -0400
Dear Conchlers, dear dealers,

A friend of mine bought some larger and nice shells during his holidays in
Croatia and wanted to know
if this is all fair ot too much. He spent for the following shells all in
all about $ 650.--. The shells are
really quite large and a few others nearly gem in quality.
These were:
1 Syrinx aruanus without periostracum, 570 mm
2 Pleuroploca gigantea, 440 and about 420 mm
1 quite large Cassis cornuta
2 large Lambis truncata
3 Tridacnas (I have to control again the species, but about 300 mm each)
1 Hippopus hippopus also quite large
1 gem really beautiful and large Cypraea friendii
1 Phalium kurodai
1 dark very nice and beautiful Conus victoriae
2 Strombus gigas quite large
1 large Cymbiola imperialis (about 250 mm)
1 large Melo amphora (about 300 mm)
some other selected shells Cypraeidae (tigris, decipiens, eg.) some Cones
some nice corals
eg.
He also got again some other like Lambis chirargra (3 pieces) and some
others as Trochidae,
smaller Cypraeas, which I want to see again.
all for this.
What do you think.
with best shelling greetings and waiting for an eventually answer
Helmut
Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]