From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 14:53:08 -0500
Dear Alexandra,

welcome on board of conch-L from an Austrian collector. If you want to
start collect
you can collect at the beaches of Portugal, you can collect on beaches or
also on
rocky shores. You can look really everywhere, also on fisherboats. For
microshells
you can take shellgrit to sort out them. You have to take shellgrit,
beached or
from different depths, let it dry and then you can start to sort it out.
You can
buy the books of Guido Poppe which are very useful for the Mediterranea or
Atlantic, but there is also a very nice and small book of Gert Lindner, an
German
author, with whom you should get contact for some informations. In last time
he has been in Portugal to collect some shells in the Algarve (if I am
right).
His e-mail is [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] You have
to try which e-mail is good. As I am answering you at this moment, I am not
able
to look for his e-mail. But if you write to [log in to unmask] and
you
type in   review conch-l by name
you will get all the e-mail addresses of the group.
If you like to start with landshells to I can send you a nice starting
collection
of landshells. This will due quite a lot of time again, as I have
overloaded with
work and I have to rechange with other collectors again. But I would be able
to give you a starting collection of some Medtierranean seashells in the
future
too. Please contact me under my private e-mail: [log in to unmask]
for further discussions.
But welcomed to conch-l
with best shelling greetings and good luck for the next future.
Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
private:
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
website: www.netwing.at/nisters
office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
e-mail: [log in to unmask]