From:
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 13:37:59 -0700
I am passing on the following request from a New York artist.  Maybe someone
on the list has a few skate egg cases they can forward to this individual.
I have only a single specimen and it was given to me by a very special 6
year old girl and has a value too great to be able to part with it for any
reason.  If anyone wants to help, please respond directly to this individual
off line at:  [log in to unmask]

Thanks, (the shell related portion of this is the fact that many people
think these egg cases are in fact seashells).

Tom

"Dear Mr. Eichhorst,

My name is Brandon Ballengie, I am a New York based environmental
artist. Currently I am working on a marine ecology project that will be
exhibited as part of an international arts fair that is in early May.
The project involves  a large number of dried skate egg cases or
"mermaid's purses."

Would you or any members of your Shell Collecting Club be willing to
save any skate egg cases you find for me. I cannot afford to pay for you
to look but I can pay for the shipping.

If decide to help, Your name and Shell Collecting Club will be mentioned
along with others who are helping with the project, either in a text
panel exhibited with the piece or an exhibition catalogue."

Thank you,
Brandon Ballengie
718-305-3349