Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 22:11:44 -0400
Irene your absolutely right, there are times that it's proper to use latin
names andf then there are those times it's fun to call em by the common
name. Epitonuim soulds like an antacid, the common name of "wentletrap"
means "spiral staircase". As we all know this common name seems to fit quite
well.
Jenny cypraea turdus has a common name of "thrush cowrie". why turdus who
knows? The turdus does have the coloration of a bird called a thrush.
An interesting translation was the conus praelatus, anyone want to take a
crack at this one .....mark