From:
Stephen Browning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 14:43:57 -0500
Greetings CONCH-L members,

My name is Stephen(Steve) Browning. The only person who calls me Stephen is
my wife when she is irritated at me.I live in Friendswood, Texas, sixteen
miles southeast of Houston, and have actively collected since my teenage
years in the late 1960's. I am a member of the Houston Conchology Society,
the COA, and the AMS.

My primary Malacological interests are:

    1. Families Haliotidae, Volutidae (primarily Scaphella, Festilyria, and
Lyria), and Pleurotomaria.
    2. History of Malacology
    3. Computer modeling of shell topology and pattern generation
    4. Shell Photography
    5. Shell Artwork and Illustration

My wife Nancy collects family Conidae. I have two step-sons and four
step-grandsons. I serve as a Systems Analyst/Programmer for the US District
Courts within the Southern District of Texas, based in Houston, where I
write primarily database access software.