From:
"Kim C. Hutsell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 07:55:10 -0700
Carole,

For some time, the University at Ensenada has been working on a 'seeding' program to
re-introduce Nodipecten subnodosus into the Bahia de Los Angeles area from Guerrero
Negro on the west side of the Baja peninsula where it is a major commercial species.
(I'm still on my first cup of coffee, so forgive me if I misspell anything.) I have no
reports of N. arthriticus from that area...it's just a bit too far north. I'm not
certain if they are aware of the difference in the two species (they probably are), but
as far as I know, their's is the only breeding study going on with any Nodipecten. Just
a tidbit I thought you might want to add to your notes.

Best regards,

Kim