From:
Moldaplas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:45:27 +0100
Hello Alfonso and Conchl'ers

Yes you are right, massive turism destroys
the marine and seashore life.
I live in Portugal and for about 26 years I
went to Algarve, to a place called Lagos, on
the extreme side of the peninsula about 30 km
from the Stē Vicent Cape.

The place was a small fishermen village, lost
between the hills and the sea. The rocky shore
had a very rich seashore life (fish, shells,etc.)

We have tides and on the intertidal zone early
in the morning or at sunset you could see all sorts
of marine life. Shells of all sorts, alive and dead
could be found everywhere.
We had a small boat and we went out fishing.

A few years ago a camping park was built and the
increase of turism destroyed completely, the seashore
life. The sea is, has we call it here "completely dead".

I was there last April and I was shocked with the massive
construction of apartments. It's unbelievable because the
beach is so small that can't held so many people, no wonder
there are no shells, no fish, nothing at all..

Alexandra Oliveira
Portugal