From:
helmut nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 07:12:23 PDT
As I found out for the moment Homo sapiens sapiens was
described by Linnaeus in 1758. Therefore - I hope I  can
give you informations later - is the question concerning
to be a lectotyp wrong. For the moment I didn't find out, if
Linnaeus described himself as holotyp. This might be possible
if he looked into a mirror guarding and measuring  himself.
Let me some time to find it out. If the holotyp of Homo sapiens
sapiens is wellknown, a you can't choose a lectotyp. It's unneccesary
and not correspondending with the rules of nomenclature.
Please correct me if you know more about this and lectotypes.

yours Helmut Nisters from Innsbruck (Austria)