From:
Leslie Allen Crnkovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:21:00 US/CENTRAL
That brings up another few points…

Not all of what we use is derived from Latin.
Much of it is derived from Greek… a totally different set of rules.
Although some of that Greek has been “Latinized”

Secondly, the binomial names could be derived from an language in the world and
then only punctuated with the Latinization of the original xenotypic word.

Leslie
HARF/IMCS