From:
Philip Poland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 May 1998 19:33:09 -0400
Dear Mark,

I was helping a novice that day. It was you who interrupted our discussion
and demanded to see the brown olive. I declined. Happily, I had several
witnesses from the Miami Club.
Your behavior on field trips, much like that you've demonstrated on
Conch-L, has not been constructive. Your expectation of "hate mail and
insults" in an earlier message today is, in my opinion, a classic example
of projection.
I continue to support the rules of our list, that is, that personal
messages, off-topic messages, and cumbersome lists not be sent. The
Internet is a nearly infinite resource. If other subjects are sought,
they're out there.

Phil P.

----------
> From: mark <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: To brighten your day
> Date: Saturday, May 09, 1998 5:07 PM
>
> We only lost the boring and snobbish, the true die-hards are still here.
The
> new Conch-L has personality and  charisma. When i joined, anyone who
asked a
> stupid question was made to feel like an idiot, but i guess this was your
> version of paradise. You showed your true personality when approached by
> group of novice shellers on Peanut island, do you remember? When the
novices
> asked to see your "rare" olive you found you put your nose to the air,
> saying "NO" and walked away like a pompous "old-time" sheller you are.
This
> attitude is what keeps new blood from joining. This is not a Palm Beach
> Country Club, one needs not carry a degree nor be of blue blood just have
> healthy zeal for learning so if you mind the "human interest stories"
either
> slam the "delete" button or better yet just go away. FERRETER.
> "The middle of the road is a bastion of the damned" me

We've