From:
"George P. Holm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:37:02 -0800
Ross;
 The eelgrass limpit you describe from Nova Scotia was mentioned in
American Seashells (Abbott 1956 Seventh Printing p.105 and in the Second
Edition pp.32-33. as Acmaea testudinalis testudinalis (Müller, 1776) form
alveus Conrad, 1831. The specimens found in Boundary Bay compare to a
specimen of Lottia alveus I have in my collection which was collected by G.
Willett at Grants Island, Alaska.
 Material for DNA study has been sent to Dr. Lindberg in California so
there should be no question about what we have after that is done.
George