From:
Karen Lamberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 22:25:37 -0400
To all the people on the list who sent their verbal support, Thank You from
the bottom of New York's & America's heart! but, here is a way to send real
support, be it one dollar or much more and the need is immediate!
While reading my Email, the radio announcer came on and said that in the NY
area, they are asking for donations of the following for the rescue crews,
some of whom have not gone off duty since Tuesday AM. they are working still
in smoky and very dusty conditions, broken glass, and jagged torn metal.
They need:
Disposable particle masks
new work gloves
Clean socks
Antiperspirant
Baby wipes- to do a waterless wash up
Asprin and other over the counter pain killers
Alcohol swabs, bandages, anti-bacterial creams
bottled water
steel toed work boots
shovels, crow-bars
Dog food, can openers, and doggie-boots - for the K-9 units
The Salvation Army and Red Cross can get out of the area donations to the
rescue crews from anywhere.
Please pass this on. private citizens here have been baking and making
sandwiches, buying sodas, etc. for the crews going in to relieve their
comrades to take and give them. some of these crews have even asked for
tents to set up in the streets so they could stay right in the rescue area
"just in case". These folks are truely angels!
Thanks
Karen