Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 17:56:26 -0500
For those chiton collectors not on the Mollusca email list, here is a request for some specimens for molecular work...

From: Gonzalo Giribet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:  Sat, 01 Dec 2001 18:58:53 -0500

Dear colleagues,
One of the current interests of my lab is the phylogeny of the
Polyplacophora and we are sequencing multiple genes to test the current phylogenetic hypotheses of the group. We have collected samples of most families of chitons, but we are still missing some. I am addressing to you to see if someone can provide us with fresh samples preserved in nearly absolute ethanol (but lower grades may also help) of the families Hanleyidae (genera Hanleya, Hemiarthrum and Weedingia), Choriplacidae (Choriplax grayi), and Schizochitonidae (genera Schizochiton, Lorica, and
Loricella).
Thanks you very much for your time, and best regards to all,
Gonzalo Giribet

****************************************************************Gonzalo Giribet
Assistant Professor of Biology and Assistant Curator of Invertebrates
Museum of Comparative Zoology
Department of Organismic & Evolutionary Biology
Harvard University
16 Divinity Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138, USA

Office (617) 495-1473