From:
Lindsey Groves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 13:45:44 -0800
SCUM VI: 6th ANNUAL GATHERING
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA UNIFIED MALACOLOGISTS

Saturday, 26 January 2002
Farrand Hall - 10:00 to 4:00
Santa Barbara Museum of Natural History
2559 Puesta del Sol Road
Santa Barbara, CA 93105

Hosts: F.G. Hochberg, Henry Chaney & Paul Valentich Scott

SCUM is an informal association of southern California professional,
amateur, and student malacologists & paleontologists, who are active or
interested in research on mollusks. The purpose of the annual gathering is
to facilitate contact and keep one another informed of research activities
and opportunities. There are no dues, no officers, and no publications. SCUM
is patterned after the Bay Area Malacologists (BAM), which is hosted by
malacologists at different institutions each year.

This year's meeting will be hosted by the Santa Barbara Museum of Natural
History.
* All persons interested in Recent and/or fossil mollusks are invited to
attend.
* Presentations on current research topics or discussions on other molluscan
related subjects are encouraged but should be informal and brief (10
minutes).
* A slide projector, LCD projector and/or overhead projector will be
available for those wishing to present visual information.
* Please let us know if you want to present a talk so we can prepare a
general schedule for the day.
* Coffee, tea, and breakfast goodies will be provided.
* We will break at noon. Box lunches will be provided at a cost of about
$10. A number of restaurants are within a short drive if you want to go off
campus for lunch.
* Parking in the museum's visitor lot is free.
* A map to the museum is available at:
http://www.sbnature.org/htmls/sbmap.htm
* Please mention at the admissions desk that you are attending the SCUM
meeting
* Please phone, FAX, or e-mail your RSVP so we will have enough breakfast
snacks on hand for everyone. Order lunch at the same time.

For further information, contact:
F.G. Hochberg, Curator
Department of Invertebrate Zoology
TEL:  805-682-4711 x 318