From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:21:08 +0000
        Helmut (DON'T touch that delete button!!) sends you all early Christmas
greetings.  He misses the list, and hopes some folks will drop by his
ever-expanding website http://www.netwing.at/nisters/ (has some
**GREAT** photos and electron micrographs on it!!) and sign his guest
book just to say hello.  He just added an excellent large pic of
Mediterranean foraminiferas: if these critters were bigger,  or our eyes
were better, collecting them would be as populular or more,  than
mollusc shells!
        Don't worry - i'm not going to make a habit of connecting our Tyrolean
friend with the list, but this post was at least partly shell-related,
and if any of you wishes to send greetings, holiday or othewise, to
Helmut or his mom (who reportedly would also dearly love to hear from
anyone at all!!), here is his email one last time.
                  "Helmut Nisters" <[log in to unmask]>

-Ross.