From:
Peggy Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:48:29 -0400
Maybe someone else could better help this person...

Peggy Williams

----------
From: "Gretchen Eagle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:30:07 -0700
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Shells

Cognetix, Inc.

Dear Peggy Williams:

My name is Gretchen Eagle and I am a Research Scientist for Cognetix.
Cognetix is a privately held biopharmaceutical company based in the
University of Utah Research Park in Salt Lake City, Utah.  Cognetix is
developing therapeutics for numerous disease indications based on research
in marine natural products.

Cognetix¹s most advanced product research and development efforts are based
on Œconopeptides¹, which are peptides derived from the venom of the Conus
genus of predatory sea snails.  Diseases under study include, among others,
epilepsy, stroke and severe pain.  Several of our conopeptide-based
compounds are in the mid to late pre-clinical stages of development.
Cognetix is the exclusive licensee of the University of Utah and the Salk
Institute regarding substantially all of the Œconopeptide¹ technology
currently being developed here. We work closely with the University of Utah,
particularly in areas of research and development.

In order to facilitate ongoing research, Cognetix is seeking new sources of
live Conus snails.  Typically, these snails have been obtained for us by
scuba divers, photographers and others who are familiar with the snails and
their habitat.  I learned about your interest in shells from a review of
numerous web sites, and would like to know if you would be interested in
exploring the possibility of supplying snails for Cognetix. Suppliers must
be familiar with Conus snails, and would be responsible for collecting and
shipping the live snails to Cognetix.  Cognetix has a reasonable
compensation schedule for Conus snail collection services.

Please visit our website, www.cognetix.com for more information about the
research we are conducting.  If you have any questions or would like to
learn more about this opportunity, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask] ,
or call me at 801 581 0400 X 222.

Even if you are not interested in supplying snails for us yourself, if you
know of someone who may be interested, we would greatly appreciate it if you
would advise them of our interest and put them in touch with me.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Gretchen M. Eagle