From:
Marmoreus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 May 1998 16:36:18 EDT
Andy,

I was in Grand Isle, La., in late March and early April at our beach house,
and found Velella velella all over the beach--didn't know what they were at
the time, but with some persistent questioning of Wildlife and Fisheries on
the island and other beachbum friends, was told what they were.  Actually we
found a reference to them in a book called "Texas Seashores", or something
close to that.There were no janthina attached, much to my disappointment--that
is what I was really looking for.

Maybe next year.

Debbie Duval