From:
Sarah Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:32:30 -0500
We have been keeping one in one of the offices here and she has been living quite well off of random live clams from the market (some sort of venerid). They like littorinas as well. Basically any marine bivalve or even gastropods that are a bit smaller than they are. Paul Morris said that he has fed them an arthropod concoction stuffed into a Littorina shell and they did ok on that as well - but basically live bivalves and if desperate fresh frozen ones.

Paul also said that he has kept Tulipa in the same tank with Sea hares (Aplysia) and Cowries with out the tulip attacking either. Just some food for thought.

I have kept them with the diet of fresh frozen Mercenaria mercenaria and they did quite well.

Sarah

Sarah R. Watson
Curatorial Assistant
Dept. of Malacology