From:
Roger & Karen Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:43:07 -0500
Hello to All!  I am new to list....my name is Karen and I am collecting
mostly cypraea right now.
My brother is a master dive instructor & collector for over 25 years.
Lucky for me, he gave me many shells hand picked, mostly fresh and F++
to gem.  I have been purchasing shells from sellers on eBay and also
dealers found on Internet to fill in my collection.

I will be going to my first COA shell show in Sarasota, Florida this
July and am very excited about that.  It has been very nice to read
notes from collectors on the list, although much of it is above my head
for now.  I am going to purchase the book, " A Guide to Worldwide
Cowries"
by Felix Lorenz & Alex Hubert.  I am trying to document all my shells by
photo or scan. Also I am recording data about the shells on a
spreadsheet.  Until I purchase the book, I need to find average sizes
for all cypraea.  Does anyone know if such a site might exist on the
Internet?  I do have my starter book, "Cowries" by Taylor & Walls, but
so much has changed since it was printed in 1975 and it does not have
all the cypraea listed (it does give average sizes for those).

Thank you,
Karen