From:
Kobie Du Preez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:59:27 +0200
Dear Conchlers,

I had an e-mail from a non-sheller requesting some information. Can you please help me to answer some of his questions A.S.A.P?

1. Where are the most famous museum or university collections?
2. What are the rarest microshells and the rarest macroshells?
3.When you go collecting, how many shells worth keeping are you likely to find in a day?
4. How quickly have beaches gone from rich in good shells to poor in good shells, and do they ever make a comeback?
5. Is there a way to determine accurately how old a shell is when you find it, how many years ago it was created?
6. What shell websites are most worth seeing, rich in images and accurate information?

Thanks,
Kobie du Preez