From:
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:05:02 -0600
Roger,

I have the Intel "microscope" (although not presently connected).  It is an
interesting toy, but the optics and the software are simply not good enough
to really make it useful for viewing microshells.  It does fairly well at
10X but higher settings are simply not clear.  The option to save an image
has no choice for dpi and the image quality (for me at least) was not
sufficient.  Trying to get an image of a radula resulted in an image that
just wouldn't work.  Of course, the alternative is a microscope that hooks
into your computer for $1,000.  So maybe the Intel rig is okay depending
upon what you need it for.

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA