From:
Patty Jansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 18:18:41 -0700
Dear all,

Kodak provides a service to have your slides professionally scanned. You
receive a CD Rom with scans at 5 different resolutions. Three years ago
they were charging A$2.50 per slide for the service. Ask a good photography
shop. I am sure the service is available in the US and Europe as well.

I have since bought a Nikon dedicated slide scanner. The scans it produces
always impress graphics design people, who swear by drum scanners. Sure,
they're not cheap, but not outside the means of a keen amateur either, and
second hand slide scanners can be bought through several internet sites

Once you have one, there's no looking back. You will see that the best and
most expensive colour print film is complete crap compared with the
cheapest slide film.

Oh, and once you have a slide scanner, you will rarely ever take another
photograph without a tripod...

Patty