From:
Marlo Krisberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 17:54:49 -0700
Do any of the experts out there disagree with the following summary of the
various comments::

All the oils may enhance color, but will not preserve it.
There are three keys to minimizing deterioration, 1) keep em out of light
(UV protected); 2) keep em dry, and 3) keep em cool.
If you do not store em on display, don't use anything -- follow the three
keys.
Add the oils when you wish to enhance the color for display.

Note:  Oils mask nicks, scratches and other minor defects in addition to
enhancing color..  Do not buy oiled shells since the actual quality of the
shell will be masked.

Marlo