From:
Gary Rosenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 10:56:08 -0500
Hello Conch-Lers

I haven't been able to read Conch-L for almost a year. The volume of mail just swamps me. As a former co-owner of the list, I was consulted about the recent controversy, and so I've tuned in for a few days. I'm heartened to see that apologies have been issued and accepted. I also noted a request for results of the Philadelphia Shell Show. Since I have them electronically, they are easy to provide.

Judges Rosettes: Richard Kirk, Philadelphia, Shells from California
Constance Miller, Lewes, Delaware, Sweet Land of Liberty (a Sailor's Valentine)

Shell of the Show: Marilyn Northrop, Lehigh Acres, Florida, Homalocantha anomaliae

Self collected Shell of the Show: Gene Everson, Louisville, Kentucky, Fulmentum ancilla

John Dyas Parker Award (Best Artistic Exhibit): Mike LaFosse, Haverhill, Massachusetts, Shells & Mollusks in Handmade Paper

R. Tucker Abbott Award (best exhibit by a member of the Philadelphia Shell Club): J. B. & Roberta Sessoms, Somers Point, NJ, Liguus fasciatus according to National Geographic

Robert B. Fish Award (best small exhibit, not exceeding 12 feet in length): Al Schilling, Glenside, Pennsylvania, Cypraea of North Africa and adjacent areas

COA Award: Harry & Lillian Berryman, Glassboro, New Jersey, Family Cassidae

DuPont Trophy: John Schrecke, Westfield, Massachusetts, The Spider Conchs, genus Lambis.

Leonard Hill Award: Marilyn Northrop, Subfamilies Typhinae and Tripterotyphinae

Masters Award: Gene Everson, Shells of the Central and Tropical Western Pacific, self-collected

Best wishes,
Gary

Gary Rosenberg, Ph.D.                  [log in to unmask]
Academy of Natural Sciences            http://www.acnatsci.org
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway         Phone 215-299-1033
Philadelphia, PA 19103-1195 USA        Fax   215-299-1170