From:
"M. J. Faber" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:48:51 +0100
I noticed that a firm called "Alibris" (and another one named "AstroLogos
Books") offers print on demand black and white facsimiles of original old
books, including several conchological publications. They state that "charts
and graphics may be obscured or resized to fit pages". Obviously this is an
attractive option only with b/w books without visuals, and not too many
pages. For instance, Abbott's "American Seashells 2nd edition" is not the
right choice here, but Anton's "Verzeichnis der Conchylien" probably is
(they actually offer it for $39.05 - and $10 more for additional buckram
binding nothing mentioned about additional shipping costs).
My question is, has anyone actually tried this option, and are the results
satisfying, or should we ignore it for some reason?