From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:49:49 EST
I'd put a commercial fishery and private collecting in different catagories.
If abalone collecting had been limited to private individuals instead of
commercial endeavors, the situation now would not be so dire.

Sadly, commercial fishing interests don't seem to take a long view. Just look
at the Grand Banks. And it impacts more than our hobby. And it's more than
fishing too. Shrimp farming trashes mangrove habitats. i could go on and
on....It's a drag.