From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:09:19 +1200
>Enough Xenophora, not corrected would mislead some people. As of 1999,
>Kreipl & Alf redefined the family as follows;
>
>Genus Xenophora 13 species
>                               2 subspecies
>                               1 subgenus
>
>Genus Stellaria 5 species
>                         1 subspecies
>
>Genus Onustus 4 species
>
>Total 26 species.
>Dr. Simone in Brazil stated he was moving Xenophora to the Superfamily
>Stromboidea, put I have no confirmation as of yet.
>Enough is not enough until it is correct!
>
>Harry Berryman
>Xenophora Nut

I would say, at least on conchological grounds (dunno about DNA or
anatomy) that generic distinction of Stellaria is unjustified; the
shells just are not that different. Onustus has a basic difference,
in that the keel is basally lined by inductura, and so has a
different structure.
--
Regards
Andrew