From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 09:51:48 +1200
>Andrew,  Why do you copy everyones paragraphs and put it back on Conch-L
>twice?  Even though Some of us know who wrote it, you take our names off and
>use it as your own.  Why?????  Not flaming just curious.

I don't.

I hit reply, delete all the headers/footers/signature (saves list
bandwidth and makes it tidy and easy to follow) and insert my replies
in appropriate spots in the text I am responding to; this way it can
be clearly seen just what I am responding to. If you look, you will
see that the other person's text is highlighted as "replied to". I
certainly don't take others' names off and "use it as my own".

Just as I have done here.

This is normal, though many posters just hit "reply", leave the whole
mess on the page and plonk the reply above or below. This is lazy,
messy, hard to follow and clutters the archives with needless text.
--
Andrew Grebneff
165 Evans St, Dunedin, New Zealand