From:
Bret Raines <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:58:38 -0700
Fellow Conch-Lers,

As you have already read Kevin Lamprell passed away this morning. Anyone
that knew him, knows that he truly enjoyed life and enjoyed working with
shells. Kev was admitted to the hospital on the afternoon of 5 Jun. I
know this because I received an email from him that morning and he was
going to get back with when he returned. Even till the end, he wanted to
to do research. Kev and I had been working on a paper together regarding
Easter Island bivalves for nearly a year. This man was sharp and in his
late 70's he could still remember papers that he had read 40 years ago.
 I'm honored to have had a chance to work with him.  He will be missed.

Bret Raines