From:
Michael Holling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:00:20 +0200
I had thought of Thiaridae or something similar and so I looked in my 1st
edition of Brown's "Freshwater Snails of Africa and their Medical
Importance" and didn't find any picture that looked really similar to my
shells. Yesterday evening I looked through pictures of West African
Terebrids on www.gastropods.com and found that mine look very much like
Hastula (Impages) aciculina (Lamarck 1822). So maybe my aunt was mistaken
about where she had collected them.
Thank you to all who helped!