From:
Katherine Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 11:44:51 -0400
Send me your scan:  [log in to unmask]

-----Original Message-----
From: Conchologists of America List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of lindawbush
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 11:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: i.d. with a DECENT scan

Okay-

Before you say, not another i.d. question without an
image, this one I do have a very decent image, as this is
a miniature bivalve and it is quite flat!

This I have never seen before; it emerged when we were
sifting through Sanibel drift.  It is like a small
triangular, wing-shaped shell, except that it looks as if
something has taken a bite out of the anterior(?) end.  I
am not even sure this is a mollusc.

If you will e-mail me, I will send you the images of both
the exterior and the interior.  A weird shell - I did a
fly-by of American Seashells, and if it is in there, I
missed it.

Thanks,
Linda (and yes, I promise to get a decent scanner and/or a
digital camera as soon as I can scrape up the money;
funny, I keep spending that money on more shells...).