From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:55:07 -0500
Emily Vokes, in particular, did (does) not appreciate the use of
subspecies. As long as there are (sufficient) describable differences and
the species are geographically separate (a subspecies requirement), you
might as well call it a species. I've followed her philosophy for
Muricidae, but carry many subspecies (and forms) in my collection for other
families.

At 02:29 PM 11/21/2003, you wrote:
>Hi, Everyone!
>
>What is the valid name for the Florida form of this shell.
>I am familiar with it as florifer dilectus, but I
>encountered it without the "florifer."
>
>Thanks,
>Linda

John Wolff