Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:18:42 -0500
Emilio and all,

If I understand the original question correctly, it asks whether receiving
Polymita through the mail directly from Cuba is problematic.  There is a
Cuban company who is proffering commercial quality Polymita to collectors
and dealers around the world. I have recently received one of these
messages and made my own inquiries  (they have sent me pictures to look
over).

My own past experience with parcels from Cuba is that without some kind of
customs documentation, a box from the land down-under (the U.S.) is a
potential red flag for customs and then Fish & Wildlife here in the U.S. --
even with full documentation it is reasonable to think that it will be
segregated for inspection.

Likewise, if sending out land shells from Cuba is potentially a red flag
for Cuban officials (depending on what day and how much/little payola is
offered) and this company uses a customs form and honestly states the
contents, then they may not get their shells out either.  Word of mouth
indicates that the boxes "are" sent out with minimal documentation.

So like Emilio says, "...do things at your own calculated risk."

Rich
www.worldwideconchology.com