From:
jane santini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:38:33 -0500
>From: Clair Beckmann <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Margarita Island
>Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:44:05 +0000
>
>Greetings Conch-lers,
>My husband and I are just back from a quick trip to Margarita Island and
>HUGE HUGE thanks to many. First, to Phil Fallon for his artilce in American
>Conchologist and to E. Shary Almansi for the Of Sea and Shore article, to
>the special Conch-L folks who responded to my request .. Jim Brunner and
>Karen Crouch among others....We would have found very little without you.
>I am pleased to report that with the specific and clear instructions we
>found a ton of shells and if you have a sense of adventure, speak some
>spanish and have all this helpful material it is possible to go  to
>Margarita on your own....Of course this is not exactly 'sporting' shelling
>and it is not as much fun as a Cordy trip, but you do get a ton of dead but
>gorgeous shells.
>I also would like to encourage those who are contributing their trip logs
>and photos to these great publications....for working folk like us who have
>limited time and means it helps us to have vicarious thrills and also to
>plan trips ourselves based on great information...keep up the good work.
>Also, as a listener and not a talker on this site, thanks to all for osme
>lively dialogue...
>If anyone wants Margarita, Sanibel, or Fiji info, I am happy to help!
>Clair Beckmann
Hooray!  I'm saving $$$$$ so I can go to Marguerite Island this summer.Any
info you can share would be SO welcomed.I make sailors Valentines & have
bought beautiful tellins from there.
My e-mail is [log in to unmask]   THANKS!

Plan your next US getaway to one of the super destinations here.
http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx