From:
Guido Poppe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:33:20 +0800
Dear Ed,

Very difficult indeed, it was one of the shells I had to look at twice. But
the real thing is the feeling of the surface of the shell which is more dull
after the heating (this is often so, also in other shells), the shape
slightly different and sometimes there are remains of the miliaris spotting.
I do not have the shell here as I'm in Belgium now but come back with more
details on this one later and on its inner side.

Best, Guido

PS: "The perfect fake is never detected."