From:
Charles Sturm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 16:24:33 -0400
Johan,
  I collect mostly fossils but they may be a species of Chione.  They are
in the Veneridae family along with Mercenaria.  They are smaller and tend
to have concentric "frills".  I cannot help you with color as all of my
Chione are fossilized and are various shades of white and grey.  Check out
Abbott's American Seashells and you will probably find illustrations of
all the common Chione from Florida.

Charlie
Charlie Sturm, Jr
Research Associate - Section of Invertebrate Zoology
                     Carnegie Museum of Natural History
Assistant Professor - Family Medicine