Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:14:02 -0600
Thanks Andrew.

I hope to get just that; more information like; what does it taste like,  do
people eat it on occasion today and if so are their any recipes, was it
eaten by natives in days gone by, etc.

I have a student looking for this information.  So if anyone has more
information on this, it would be good to hear from you as well.  I will also
add it to my "Edible Molluscan Data Base at:
http://www.manandmollusc.net/molluscan_food_files/molluscan_food_mp.html.  I
hope to start editing and adding to this project this summer while sitting
through our forest fire season, which again like in so many countries is a
bad one.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful time in Florida. I'm looking forward
to the reports on the convention.

All the very best,
Avril Bourquin
PO Box 366