From:
Kevin Czaja <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:38:43 -0400
Just this past month I found an array of scallop-edged Crepidula fornicata
and convexa attached to live Argopecten irradians snorkeling on Martha's
Vineyard.  Didn't see any simplex, but can't imagine why it wouldn't be
the same for them.  And boy were those scallops exceptional!  Orange,
lemon-yellow, jet black, and all mottled combinations in between.  Best
irradians I've ever found.  Who says you can't find colorful specimens up
north!
-Kevin
Dorchester, MA