Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:22:55 +0200
After Enzo has seen several photographs of Thyca crystallina on the web, he
agrees that it is probably that species. However, in that case most probably
the host (Bolma rugosa) and the locality (Mediterranean Sea) are a mistake.
Thyca occurs only on a small number of sea star species and never on other
molluscs.

It is certainly not Amathina (tricarinata) which has only three sharp ribs.
The latter has recently been found off Beirut, Lebanon, in the
Mediterranean, attached to another exotic species: Chama pacifica.

Henk K. Mienis