From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 08:33:05 -0500
> Just a note: Watch out for Stingrays in shallow sandy & grassy areas,
> walk with a little shuffle pushing your feet under the sand as you > move along.  If you get stuck get to a tub of the hottest water you
> can stand and the pain will recede. Then see a Dr. for a tetnus
> (sp) shot and anti-biotics if necessary.  I share this from personal
> experience, that was the most painful experiece ever!

As someone raised on the Gulf Coast, I'm well aware of the need
for the "stingray shuffle."

The down side to that is that blue crabs lay partly buried in the
sand/mud/muck so one had best be wearing something on their feet...
those crab spines are nothing to triffle with!

Tennis shoes worked really well. (That is, Keds,...etc., not these
$100-$200 dollar marketing ploys!)

Aloha,

Bob Dayle (a.k.a. makuabob)