Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:09:04 +0200
Dear Art,

Most what is known about the fate of the pre-Linnaean collections you will
find in the two editions of S.P. Dance, 1966: Shell collecting An
illustrated history (1st Ed.), or 1986: A history of shell collecting (2nd
Ed.).
However, I will not be surprised to hear that here and there in the cellars
of a monastery in France, Italy and maybe Spain some old, forgotten shell
treasures are awaiting rediscovery.
Best regards,
Henk K. Mienis