From:
"Emilio J. Power" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:09:14 -0500
We use "sand fleas" [mole crabs to others] as bait for pompano and other
surf fish in Florida.
They seem to come and go with the seasons and also change surf positions
but  never have I seen
a shortage of them for bait.

As far as humans eating them; about the only "meat" that seems available
is when you catch roe laden females,
other than that it is a crunchy shell. I suppose there is muscle meat in
the little legs and the body but it sure dont
seem very easy to get to or appetizing.

Emilio