From:
Wolfgang Proestler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 10:53:44 +0800
Hi & Happy New Year to All!
I had a scanner which I used for scanning shells and it worked quite well
for items to the size of 5mm and above.
This old CanoScan D646U broke down lately (the motor was still working but
the "sledge" was "stuck up"). Besides of this it was producing vertical
lines on the scans.
The scanner was compatible to my Apple Macintosh OS 9 program.
As replacement I bought the new model CanoScan Lide30 scanner, as the old
model was not more available.
I tried some scans of shells but the quality of the results are very bad:
Cowries come out very blurred and also the colors are not good. I think that
this scanner is only suitable for photos and magazines.
Anybody who has an answer to my problem please contact my privately to my
email address.
Thank you and best regards!

Wolfgang Proestler

Puerto Galera, Philippines