From:
Flavio Favero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 00:27:21 +0200
Hi Conch-l friends,

First of all thanks to all that have helped me or tried to help me
to identify this shell and like Bill Frank which has gave to me
space on his web site.

The people that have given a name to the astrea are the follow:

Tom Eichhorst   : Astralium haemotragum Juv.(Menke, 1829)
Paul R. Monfils : Astralium haematragum Juv.(Menke, 1829)
John Wolff      : Astralium mactanense      (Habe & Okutani, 1980)
Harry G. Lee    : Astralium squamiferum     (Koch, 1844)

I have omitted the description of the shell that all match with
the image, very interesting Paul Monfis description that is mailed
on conch-l.

The image is always on :

http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/astraea.htm)

What do you think?