From:
Richard Petit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:45:28 -0400
Dear Dan:

Without getting into the Neotaenioglossa question, may I suggest that you be
careful using names, authors and dates from ITIS.  Often they have two or
even three "species numbers" for the same species under different
combinations, and often showing the wrong one as valid.
I have quit sending them corrections as they do not want to make changes.
Almost all of the mollusk names come from different editions of the "Common
Names Lists", an old NODC list that is no longer available but their errors
cannot be deleted as they are "legacy data", and another list attributed to
the "AMS" that does not, and never did, exist!  In short, check any data you
get from that site.

Dick Petit