From:
Paul Monfils <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:33:19 -0400
The shells in the larger rock are Turritella sp.  For some reason,
Turritella shells are often fossilized in huge masses, and the hard rock
containing such masses are often referred to as "turritella agate".

The main shell in the smaller rock appears to be a naticid (moon snail),
but I can't rule out a trochid (top shell).

> From: Avril <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2005/07/10 Sun PM 11:11:24 EDT
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Fossil Mystery
>
> Hello Conchlers,
>
> I have a lady needing help identifying some fossils.  If you are
interested
> in seeing the fossil, they can be viewed at:
> http://www.manandmollusc.net/Mystery_shell_pages/diane-
mystery.html