From:
Sylvia in Alabama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 16:17:54 -0500
There is a choice available of fingernail polish removers - the regular
kind which contians acetone, and the non-acetone kind.  The non-acetone
was developed to use on acrylic (fake) nails.  I do not find it as
effective on real nails, but you might try it first on your shells
before resorting to acetone/laquer thinner.

Sylvia Edwards