From:
Timothy Blackwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:42:01 -0700
Hello,

     I am conducting research on Strombus kleckhamae kleckhamae and S. kleckhamae boholensis.  In
looking at Abbott and Dance's Compendium, I see that a photos of S. kleckhamae boholensis is used
next to the description of S. kleckhamae kleckhamae.  While it could be a publishing error, I
would like to ask Mr. Dance himself as to why a specimen of the Philippine form was used.  Any
help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
     Also, I am still seeking collecting information on specimens of S. kleckhamae kleckhamae and
S. kleckhamae boholensis being held in collections.  In particular, I am seeking locality data and
information on depth and substrate if such is available.  Also, for each species, indicate whether
or not the specimen was collected alive.  Several have already begun providing such information,
but more is needed.  One goal of mine is to assemble as detailed distributions for each subspecies
as possible.  While it would be great to examine actual specimens (one boholensis has been
offered), quality digital images are perfectly acceptable.  In particular, I would appreciate
images of Strombus kleckhamae kleckhamae.  This seems to be especially difficult to find.  Many
thanks to you in advance for your help.  I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.  Bye for now.
:)

Sincerely,
Tim Blackwood

Timothy J. Blackwood